getting noisy and need a little help

ScoopFree is an automatic box designed to be used with Fresh Step Crystals instead of regular litter

getting noisy and need a little help

Postby BettyB » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 am

Hi all. I have 3 of the Scoop Free boxes for 4 cats. 2 of my boxes are starting to squeal when cycling. It seems as the rakes get closer to the purple cover it gets noisier. I've had my boxes apart on several occasions (knocking the plug receiver out of place, changing rakes, cleaning, etc) and I have not figured out what I need to lubricate to eliminate the squealing. I've watched them work, they don't seem to be moving slow. Just as I'm writing this I'm thinking the one thing I have not done is take the purple cover off and cycle them to see if the squeal goes away.

In the meantime, I think I still would like guidance from my fellow scoop free folks who use the forever trays. Thank you all in advance. Betty
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Re: getting noisy and need a little help

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Betty,

One thing you can do (that often gets missed) is to clean the rubbing surfaces of the mechanism that raises the purple cover. If you take the cover off the machine, you can still cycle it to observe how the mechanism lifts the purple cover. Basically there's a white plastic sliding block that travels on the worm gear from one end to the other. At the poop compartment end, it contacts a sort of ramp (also white plastic) that it then slides against to lift the purple cover. If you clean those two friction surfaces, and then apply a light coating of silicone spray or lube to them (you can also give that worm roller a light spray of silicone spray lube as well -- it will help reduce friction) that should make a difference for you.

Please drop me a note off-line also if I can be of more help. Or we can keep it here on the forum to help others (actually a better idea).

hugs as always!
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Postby BettyB » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:57 am

I threw out my boxes today because I do not want boxes with worms in them. Ugggg
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:00 am

Laughing here......such a joker!

:D
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Postby BettyB » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:31 am

Now and again I can be a great joker. Turns out it's my beta box giving me the most grief. I cycled it and it started whining from the first move. Whined on it's way back too. I'm going to open it up in a few days and see what's up on the inside. I'll make sure to check the worming while in there. :)
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Return to ScoopFree