"Just the Crystals" for Forever Litter Trays

ScoopFree is an automatic box designed to be used with Fresh Step Crystals instead of regular litter

"Just the Crystals" for Forever Litter Trays

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Over the last few years the single most common questions people have asked have revolved around what crystals to use with the Forever Tray and where to buy them. Prices vary greatly between retailers, one is never certain if they're even going to be on the shelf, and some brands seem to work better than others. Plus people are never sure just how much to use with each change of the litter.

I figured it was time to find a solution to all these issues, and worked with a manufacturer to produce a product that would fill these needs. It's called "Just the Crystals", and will be available on Amazon starting early next week. More info and photos are at my website, but I figured I'd post the highlights here as well:

- each box contains two pre-measured bags, each one 4.4lbs for the optimal amount per change
- the crystals are the correct size (not too big) to work the best
- with Amazon shipping is FREE (using either Amazon Prime, or by purchasing a minimum of $25 and selecting SuperSaver
- fragrance free

Pricing is $14.95 per box -- which ends up being a pretty good deal, as there's no shipping, sales tax, or trips to the store. (When doing price comparisons, please remember that these are 8.8lbs per box, as opposed to the standard 8lbs. packaging that is more commonly used).

Hopefully this concept will make life even easier and more convenient when using this system. :D
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Re: "Just the Crystals" for Forever Litter Trays

Postby tiggerroo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:52 pm

I am very excited. One less thing to remember to buy. :) The new forever tray came yesterday and works great. The cats and I are very happy.
Owned by two rescue kitties, Ariel and Roo. Both are sweet boys who love to cuddle.
tiggerroo
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby JENN » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:23 pm

I too am very excited about this! I live in a tiny rural town with only one grocery store which does not carry crystal litter at all. The closest store to "sometimes" carry crystal litter, Walmart, is 30 miles away.... a Target and a Petsmart is 60 miles away, so Walmart is my only hope for them. Needless to say if I "do" happen to see them on the shelf there, I will stock up with several bags at a time. I'm sure other people are doing the very same thing, which is what is causing this whole empty-shelf issue.

Anyway... I most definately will be a buyer of these boxes! :D
JENN
Litterbox Guru

Postby JENN » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:20 pm

OK.. it's the 10th,your site says the 9th, but I don't see them on amazon yet.... (patience, much? :) ) Will we get notce once they come out, or do we just keep looking on that site?
JENN
Litterbox Guru

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:17 pm

My apologies to everyone who has been waiting as anxiously as I have for "Just the Crystals" to become available on Amazon. We have had some really bad luck, between weather problems and then some issues with the trucking company.

The good news is that everything seems to be resolved, and (finally!) the crystals will be ready to ship sometime Monday afternoon from Amazon.

I will post here and at my website the minute I see them ready to ship.

Thanks to everyone for your patience on this first shipment. Once we get this one in there, things will go much more smoothly. :D
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Postby BettyB » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm

It feels silly to be so excited, but the "Just the Crystals" is on Amazon now and I just ordered 2 boxes. It was so funny to see an ad for a 3 pack of trays going for 60something at the bottom of my order page.

Thank you, thank you for working so hard on this Jack n Stan's Dad (Jeff is it?)

BettyB
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi BettyB,

Thanks for helping me feel like I'm not crazy for getting excited about this too! I've been tracking the truck with these crystals on it for the last week, so I'm just as excited to see they're finally there on Amazon.

Yaaayyyyy!!!! :D

While I take it as a compliment that you think I'm Jeff, sad to say I'm not. He is the one who basically owns and runs LBC.

Which is a great lead-in to what I'm about to post here............

This website is a wonderful resource for so many of us -- but it is essentially a labor of love for Jeff. It is funded entirely out of his own pocket, supplemented only by voluntary contributions from various members.

I have set it up so that a percentage of the profits from each sale of the crystals goes directly to Litterbox Central to show our appreciation for Jeff and all he does for us. All you need to do is click on the direct link below to purchase from Amazon -- and then once you complete the sale a percentage goes to LBC:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002PBCQDG?tag=litterboxcent-20

(and thank for the kind comments!)
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Postby BettyB » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Hi Not Jeff, you can feel complimented but I honestly could not remember if you are Jeff, Steve, Rick....I'm thinking one of these 3 names is it, lol. Anyway, my thankyou was sincere and as soon as I can afford to buy one more Scoop Free unit, I will be buying your upgraded tray with pleasure.
Have a good night, Betty
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks again Betty -- and your guess was good.

It's Rick
:D
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Postby BettyB » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Just an FYI, I ordered 2 boxes of the Crystals Monday evening and they arrived last night, just 3 days and it was FREE shipping. I don't need to change my crystals out yet, but I looked at the new ones and they look perfect. I'm also way happy that I don't have to guess with the measuring.
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Excellent!

Please do let me know how you like them. We did a lot of testing and experimenting with these before making a final decision -- but the real test is in day-to-day use by people like you. So I'll be very interested to hear any comments you have.
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Postby panders » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Oh you lucky people! I wish they were available in the UK! I managed to source some Dr Elseys here but I still think they're a bit too coarse for the trays comfortable operation and am awaiting an order of some other litter from Europe!

Pamela
panders
New User

Postby BettyB » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:16 pm

OK, I've had the Crystals in the boxes for 4 days now. The cats (all 4) adapted right away to it. Personally, and this is honest, I like this litter better than Fresh Step. Strangely it does not track as much. It appears to absorb the odors quite well and I have not had one single jam because the crystals are the correct size.

In other words, I recommend this to anyone who has a cat or multiple cats. :D
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack 'n Stans Dad » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks Betty for your comments and feedback -- this is really good to know. And I have a confession to make.........

In the final stages of testing when we arrived at this last version of the crystals, I also noticed the reduced tracking........but thought to myself "nahh -- that's just wishful thinking....." So I reading this from you makes me feel that I wasn't crazy. I just didn't feel comfortable putting that in writing, as so many of the "big brand" crystal makers do, as I felt it was just hype. Probably still won't, though, to be honest.

I'll be interested in more of your comments as time goes on. It sounds like you're giving them a good test.
:D

So please do let me know. Good news like this is always nice to hear, but I definitely want all feedback (good or bad) -- as that's the only way I can improve. Not just crystal performance, but convenience of packaging........everything. If you were to change something to improve it, what would you change?
Jack 'n Stans Dad
"Forever Tray" Vendor
"Forever Tray" Vendor

Postby BettyB » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:20 pm

Hmmmm, what would I change. Well, I don't see how this would even be practical for you to do, but my only thought is that usually I will add a little litter during the week to make up for anything I might scoop out. It would defeat the purpose of pre=measured to somehow include a little extra. Guess that means I have no ideas. :D ( for now anyway)
BettyB
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to ScoopFree