Blinking lights not in the manual...

Do you own a LitterMaid self-cleaning box? Share your tips and tricks!

Blinking lights not in the manual...

Postby memilanuk » Tue May 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Hello,

So, picked up a LM Elite Mega, which if I had only one cat, would work just fine. The other cat though, causes lots of headaches with this thing...

Basically the unit is stopped with the rake all the way retracted, most likely jammed by litter up under/behind the rake in its 'stop' position. Both the green and red lights are flashing (not covered in the manual), and the unit will not run at all. I've pulled the batteries, pulled the AC adapter, left it set for a while (that fixed it the first time), tried exercising the limit switch at the far end of the track (the one at the 'home' end looks fully depressed)... not sure where to go next with this.

TIA,

Monte
memilanuk
New User

Re: Blinking lights not in the manual...

Postby Homer87114 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:13 am

My box did the same I pressed the buttons at the end of where the rake gos let me know if it works for you Homer87141@yahoo.com
Homer87114
New User

Postby memilanuk » Wed May 19, 2010 4:38 pm

memilanuk wrote:tried exercising the limit switch at the far end of the track (the one at the 'home' end looks fully depressed)
memilanuk
New User

Postby mlb45459 » Wed May 25, 2011 7:48 pm

Fast flashing green light. BRAND new today... I've taken out litter, searched for what appear to be the non-existent on the newest model handy little reset "clickers". Power off and back on and nothing happens. Rake doesn't even attempt to move. And then after about a minute - flashing green light starts up again. It's a LME9000. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
mlb45459
New User

Postby acusimm » Mon May 27, 2013 11:01 am

Well, I tried to find where my post went ? But, can't find it ? I am not sure where I found “Mare of Earth" » from Tues. Feb 12, 2008 ~ Does Anyone know what this post was talking about, when she said she has a Litter maid - that is a foot-pedal model ?
Never heard of that !
But, I do want to thank everyone that has posted here, on other topics, as the manual did not make it clear where that reset button, was !

Thank goodness, both lights starting flashing, after I took off the rack & this happened, late friday evening and the Litter Maid help phone line was closed,
for the Memorial Day weekend, as I was cleaning the Box ! Thanks to all of your posts, here ~ I picked the whole Litter Maid thing up and looked at it, from every angle possible and finally, I found it ! There it was !
A little tiny iddy bitty white thing, a little round very tiny white Nob, that clicked when I touched it !
- I read that someone - under one of these topics involving the rake NOT moving - was told it had to be clicked like seven times - so I did that !
I really was afraid - I was not going to even be able to find a reset button, at all ! And Voila !
Clicking the reset button, worked ! I wasn't sure where to put my post - on my second attempt - BUT, since this topic was the first place I looked - I figured,
on my second attempt, that I would post it here, as it may help the most amount of people, as the fix about the blinking lights - so far, I have not really seen anyone giving the info about the reset button. Also I do have a question - is there going to be a problem with resetting every time I take the rake off,
to clean it ? I hate cleaning with a wet rag the poop and the piss - so I found that a wire brush from the dollar store to clean the barbque grill works great for cleaning the metal rake !

Then, after reading some of the other topics - I started thinking about all the comments and the people who have had to take them litter maids apart
and have been using silicone mats, that they have siliconed to the bottom of their Kitty Litter pans - Cuz the “shit” was literally sticking to the bottom
of the pan and Voila ! Another light came on !
I mean I got a fix, for the Kitty Litter tray problem, that we have been having - I’m still wondering about how good that silicon mat, is going to work, for keeping the pee & shit from our cat “King Ollie” from sticking to the floor of the pan - But, I will share this ~ What i think is that - because - we are using the corn - stuff, from Arm and Hammer and the Miracle litter - when we can find it~ and we are mixing it with the Pine soft flake stuff -
NOT the hard pellet stuff - My husband and I have created a kitty litter mixture, that So far, we haven’t had too much of a problem with
King Ollie’s presents, sticking too much, to the bottom of the Kitty Litter pan.
However, we do have & have had a problem with King Ollie, as he only likes to pee, in the top front left corner and he covers his “shit” up into the left front corner, as well, so when the rack comes down to visit the receptacle and leaves King Ollie’s presents, there in the receptacle, there is always a problem,
with spill over to the floor, on the left side, where the receptacle is, at the bottom of the box.
- So I figured I’d share my idea, I just came up with, in case you have a cat like our “King Ollie” - like my husband & I do.
We keep the kitty litter maid box, in our garage - with a small light on continuously - as I’m sorry, But, the “stuff” - that King Ollie leaves us, in there, sometimes, looks like human shit, and even tho the box is somewhat covered - where his "presents" go - sometimes it gets full, so fast and it still stinks, so bad - we could not deal with the Litter Maid, being in our house !
We also keep the big container on wheels - that we put all the plastic in, to take out to the recycle bin, in our garage - So - all of your fixes - for the kitty
litter maid box - that I read here, really affected me ! And I want to thank all of you ! - And ~ so because of all of you - here in this forum - I got creative !
~ I took the pair of scissors, that are usually reserved for opening up new bags of kitty litter in the garage and cut out the top, of one of those clear plastic strawberry containers, and because it is thin enough and flexible - I got it to fit perfectly - around the curved end of the Litter maid box -
where the receptacle is, that contains all the "used" kitty litter, (with the poop & piss) that usually falls on the floor, on the left side of the receptacle !
Then, I realized the bottom of the clear plastic strawberry container was ever so slightly thicker and it seems to work even better and it also is flexible enough to fit right around that curve - cuz it’s thin plastic & flexible ! So Now - I have stopped the problem, with always having to clean the wet kitty litter out of that corner !
acusimm
New User

Postby ftroop26r » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Hey Acusimm, I am glad that you found the reset switch as I am trying to find it as well, but you neglected to say WHERE you found it at. I tried pushing the connecting bar which feels like it is set to a 4 switch combo, but that does not seem to be working, so I am hopeing that you know a different location (the bar I refer to is behind the cover where the rake is mounted on the inside)
ftroop26r
New User

Postby acusimm » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Hey troop - I found the reset switch closest to where the poop goes - opposite of where I thought it might be -

Now I have to figure out why my bad cat will only pee in the box and NOT cover it and is pooping on the concrete floor in the garage next to the box !
Help !
acusimm
New User

Return to LitterMaid