Litter Robot Furniture

Share what you know (or what you'd like to know) about the Litter-Robot

Litter Robot Furniture

Postby Sckwee » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi guys!

I got my litter robot awhile ago and we do love it. It occasionally has hiccups and it can be difficult to clean but it's great overall. (I have the older model that doesn't have a bubble out the back but we are seriously considering getting a second one because we have 4 cats.)

ANYWAY

Most of my cats are not petite flowers and most of them go in, turn, and have to stick most of the front of their bodies out to use the thing. What this means is when they turn around to cover their deposit....they end up scooping litter right out of the box onto the floor. I only have one cat that does this to an extent where i have to get the dust pan out and sweep it up so i can put it BACK into the litter robot. Yes, I do have a long "litter catching" matt in front but it barely helps.omg. ANYWAY.

We are plain sick of stepping on litter. I swear if i step on litter again I'm going to lose my mind haha. We live in a relatively small space currently (a move is in the not-to-distant future) but until then the robot is in the main living area and litter just goes everywhere.

I saw there was an old post on here for some type of Ikea cabinet that fit the robot that might contain the litter mess but the link doesn't work any longer.
I also saw a website that is selling a cabinet for over $700....c'mon please.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks ahead!

p.s. i realize 4 cats is a little on the crazy side.....it wasn't planned i assure you.
Sckwee
New User

Re: Litter Robot Furniture

Postby Litter_Robot » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:10 am

Dear Sckwee,

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your Litter-Robot. To help reduce the amount of litter that your cat is digging out, we have two suggestions:

1.) You can try to use the Litter-Robot 'fence'. This is an optional accessory that snaps onto the lip of the entry to reduce the amount of litter that is kicked out.
2.) There are ramps available that are made out of corrugated material. The material serves as a litter catch. Both of these optional accessories are available at the Litter-Robot web site.

As far as your question about cabinets, you can go to http://www.litter-robot.com and search the accessory page. There are several cabinets available, however they do not contain kicked litter. Please feel free to contact the Litter-Robot customer service team directly with any further questions you may have. They can be reached at support@litter-robot.com

Best,

The Litter-Robot Team
Litter_Robot
New User

Postby spaceshare » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Also, the extended lip might help.
Kitties: Zen & Ariel. Litter Box: Litter Robot. Remembering Nuba, Ceba, and Yang Su Ling.
spaceshare
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Shirley Kaminski » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi:

We have a photo of the cabinet on the Accessories Page on our website at www.litter-robot.com.

FYI - some of the cats will use the Litter-Robot right away; however, sometimes it does take some cats a little longer to adjust. We offer "tips" in our Manual and we also have some available that we can share via e-mail. Patience is necessary at times and that is the reason for our 90 Day Money Back Guarantee.

If you ever require assistance, please contact us at support@litter-robot.com.

Regards, Shirley Customer Service Team
Shirley Kaminski
Litter-Robot Vendor Representative

Return to Litter-Robot