New automatic litter box: LitterLoo

Debate the pros and cons of the various boxes and discuss other automated litter attendants here

Re: New automatic litter box: LitterLoo

Postby abbeytoo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Mad, Ol' Cat Lady wrote:We have multiple boxes, but the cats go where they want so if they all decide on one box... that one box gets full fast. They did this a lot with the Litter Robot and it would end up smearing all over the globe before I got home to dump it. I had the original though so it tended to pile right in the middle so even just a medium amount would end up smearing. No idea how the newer one would have done. They seem to go in spells on which box they prefer *sighs*

Dawn :)

Oh gah! Wasn't that a nightmare to clean? I wanted to cry the 2nd time I came home to a poop smeared globe. It was so ooky! I used to take the damn thing to the self service car wash and stand in line with the globe, right behind the cars. The force of the water just knocked it right off. I even gave it a coat of wax to minimize the sticking. Alas, it was all for nothing. My cats ripped thru 4 liners, trying to find the center of the earth.
Sisters Lucy & Ruby who has Hyperthyroidism, Brothers Static & Sassy, Stormy - found in a storm drain, Speed Racer a CH Kitty, RIP my Little Lily Bug
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

Postby Mad, Ol' Cat Lady » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:56 am

It was a nightmare and the worst part for me was that it had some sharp edges that I would invariably cut myself on when my hands were covered in cat poo and pee from holding and cleaning the damn thing. The first time I cut myself, my husband was like... How the heck did you do that? What could you possibly cut yourself on?? So the next time I made him hold it while I scrubbed and he cut himself! I really wanted that thing to work, but it was just horrible for us. My husband wanted it to work because he is a huge Star Wars fan and he thought it looked like the death star ;) I'm holding out hopes for this new litter box and will be waiting to hear more.

Mad, Ol' Cat Lady
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Mad, Ol' Cat Lady » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Nothing new on this litter box?

Mad, Ol' Cat Lady
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby abbeytoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm

I think he wants someone to buy the patent and manufacture the boxes. I have a feeling he doesnt want to do it. Looks like it may be another one that 'could have been'.
Sisters Lucy & Ruby who has Hyperthyroidism, Brothers Static & Sassy, Stormy - found in a storm drain, Speed Racer a CH Kitty, RIP my Little Lily Bug
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

Postby LitterLoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi,

I'm still here. This takes time, and I haven't been able to devote the energy required to make this happen quickly. I have had many other things going on that required my attention, so I've only been able to put about 25% of my effort into this over the last 6 months. I have made quite a bit of slow & steady progress though, and remember -- even at a fast clip I wouldn't be able to announce anything for quite a while (probably a year), so as a famous cat once said, "hang in there".

Thanks,

Jerry
LitterLoo
Litter Loo Vendor

Postby abbeytoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:22 pm

Well, Jerry, I don't know how much longer my cats are going to be able to hold it!
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

Postby sara4cats » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:59 am

Are the LitterLoo's for sale anywhere?
thanks.
sara4cats
New User

Postby LitterLoo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:04 am

Hi Sara,

I'm still working on bringing this product to market. My schedule is due to clear up within the next month, so I plan to get back on this. Even with that, it's still going to be a while before these could be available for purchase.

Thanks,

Jerry
LitterLoo
Litter Loo Vendor

Postby abbeytoo » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:19 am

Jerry

Just how long do you think our cats can 'hold it'?? Hurry up! My cats are beginning to squirm!

ab
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

Postby maryawsumb » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 pm

leave the maker alone so he can get time to manufacturing the litterloo.
I dont care what anyone says, i am a believer in your product.
i wish it was out now. i have a littermaid and it sucks.
Go Litterloo!!!
maryawsumb
New User

Postby abbeytoo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:27 am

maryawsumb wrote:leave the maker alone so he can get time to manufacturing the litterloo.
I dont care what anyone says, i am a believer in your product.
i wish it was out now. i have a littermaid and it sucks.
Go Litterloo!!!

Um, I doubt very much that it is our comments here that are holding up progress.
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

Postby jim4065 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:13 pm

This box sure looks like a winner, and I hope it is introduced soon. I have 2 Litter Robots (with the portholes) and a Litter Maid on a LitterWorks cabinet.The Litter Maid has been repaired so many times that now it's a "non-automatic" box - which still gets most of the attention of my 4 cats. I would really like to see this box on a MUCH taller base which would accept a standard trash can liner. My cats have no problem jumping onto the kitchen counter-tops so I'm sure that a base 20" deep or so would be no problem for them at all.

Just as a side-note (and I'm sure not qualified to criticize) I hope that you don't spend so much time bringing out new videos that it delays the box introduction. Your choice of course, but it sure looks like an ideal concept, and I'm definitely in the market for a new box.

PS - You're right about the "open box versus closed box" preference. My cats use the one open box at least twice as often as the 2 closed boxes combined.
jim4065
New User

Postby abbeytoo » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:00 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath, if I were you. He started the patent process back in 2005 and a patent was issued in Jan 2010. It doens't take 5 years to push a patent thru. If he was serious about getting this thing to market, it would be out by now. I think he is hoping someone will buy the rights and make it themselves.
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

Postby Scott Larson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:21 pm

My bet is that he found flaws that would eventually cost more to fix than he could sell the product for.

All automatic litter boxes have flaws. It's a difficult problem to solve. Many products will work great out of the box (if your cat will use them), then they get clogged, covered with clumping litter, and peed on. They may work fine for one or two cats but four cats with big bladders is more than the design can handle. The sensors, motors (and valves in some products) have to work reliably but not cost $500.
Scott Larson
Litterbox Guru

Postby abbeytoo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:42 pm

I think he wants someone to buy the design/patent and manufacture it themselves. I don't think he is interested in being involved in the production.
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

PreviousNext

Return to General litterbox discussion