4 Beep Error help

The CatGenie is the only self-cleaning box on the market. An evolution of the LitterFree design, it connects to your household plumbing.

4 Beep Error help

Postby captainsin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:20 pm

After an exhausting forum/google search, I guess I am the first one to have this problem. The unit tells me that it is overheating on the drying cycle. I have cleaned out the intake/exhaust of the heater to no avail. I really don't want to upgrade since the unit works fine otherwise, but I can't make it through a cleaning cycle without having to unplug it/replug it about 10 times during the drying. Im thinking maybe the thermalcouple is going bad or perhaps the control board. Does anyone have an old 60 that they would be willing to part with the heating element? I do know that calling petnovations will only result in a sales pitch to a 120.
captainsin
New User

Re: 4 Beep Error help

Postby BamZipPow » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:54 pm

I would inspect the processor board carefully fer any signs of corrosion...maybe close to the temp controller? ;)
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby captainsin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Suprisingly, the board looks almost brand new! I did notice while observing during the drying cycle that right before the error, there is a white spark i could see in a mirror that I held down by the exhaust looking up into the dryer. Thats what makes me think there is a overheat switch that is tripping. Does anyone know the temp of the air that comes out? I will measure mine with a thermometer and report back.
captainsin
New User

Postby locomanjim » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:32 pm

Sparks are signs of a loose electrical connection. Pull the connectors off the heating element crimp them so they are a little tighter on the element connectors.and try again. could also be the connectors on the limit switch and or the limit switch connectors/switch it self going bad. check the limit connectors and see if you can wiggle them. the 2 on the heating element and the 2 on the hi limit should be on tight. no wiggle or very little.
locomanjim
Litterbox Guru

Return to CatGenie