Differences between the Cat Genie 60 and 120...

The CatGenie is the only self-cleaning box on the market. An evolution of the LitterFree design, it connects to your household plumbing.

Differences between the Cat Genie 60 and 120...

Postby BamZipPow » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Besides the processing unit...these are the physical differences I noticed between the two Cat Genies... ;)

On the 120:
Hopper impeller shaft is tapered (shaved) to the impeller.
Access hole fer the sensor is square which allows you to easily grip and remove the water sensor.
Two extra round holes in the base cover. It's been mentioned before but there doesn't seem to be a purpose fer them at the moment.
A scraper tab is molded into the base cover.
CG120 hopper gray ring closes completely instead of leaving a gap like the CG60 hopper ring did.
CG120 scrubber has the instructions molded into the ring.

Everything else seems to be the same.

I've already modded the drain hose with the clear/black striped ½" bilge hose and secured it with white Gorilla glue. This will allow me to see if the hose is draining correctly or not. No more guessing if the hose is "clogged" and going through the shaking/hitting the hose. I've also attached the dishwasher/garbage disposal adapter on the hose so it's just a simple plug in fer draining. This allows me to quickly remove the base if it needs to be taken outside to clean. :D

You can git the bilge hose from any marine store...
http://www.tridentmarine.com/stage/bilge.htm
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Re: Differences between the Cat Genie 60 and 120...

Postby BamZipPow » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:18 am

Besides the obvious changes on the processing unit, the power cord (white) on the CG120 is about 6' while the power cord (black) on the CG60 is just over 12'.
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby BamZipPow » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 pm

CG120 hopper impeller shaft...

CG120 base cover...

CG120 IRLED (new)...

CG60 IRLED (old)...

CG120 modded base with clear hose and quick connect...
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby BamZipPow » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Today...I noticed that the CG120 leaves more of a pile of granules when it's finished vs the CG60 leaves it nice and smooth when it was done.
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby CatGenius » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:01 am

Thanks for the great post, Bam! I have been looking for this information for a long time. Eventually somebody from my Google group mailed it to me, but good here on the forum.

The pile of granules could be caused by using too much granules. At the end of the drying cycle, the scoop is lifted bit by bit, spreading the granules to smoothen the surface. If there're too many granules, there's still a little remaining pile when the scoop is retracting.
CatGenius
CatGenius
CatGenius

Postby locomanjim » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Access hole fer the sensor is square which allows you to easily grip and remove the water sensor.
Two extra round holes in the base cover. It's been mentioned before but there doesn't seem to be a purpose fer them at the moment.

MY 60 has the same impeller shaft I purchased in feb of 09.

the square topped sensor was in many mid 09 to late 09 parts kits CG would send out if you needed the plastic rings to raise the bowl with like i did.

The two extra holes I know one of them is for the cartridge overflow drain. in case the cartridge leaks there is a hole next to the needle in the rear that leads the cleaner to the underside and away from the electronics, very tiny hole but it does work.

A little pile of pellets in a 60 is a good thing but just a tiny little pile( like a tablespoon) it tell you that you have the right amount of pellets in your cg. when I no longr see that tiny little pile after a cleaning I know it is about time to add a 1/16 cup of pellets
locomanjim
Litterbox Guru

Postby BamZipPow » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:21 pm

locomanjim wrote:

MY 60 has the same impeller shaft I purchased in feb of 09.

the square topped sensor was in many mid 09 to late 09 parts kits CG would send out if you needed the plastic rings to raise the bowl with like i did.

The two extra holes I know one of them is for the cartridge overflow drain. in case the cartridge leaks there is a hole next to the needle in the rear that leads the cleaner to the underside and away from the electronics, very tiny hole but it does work.

A little pile of pellets in a 60 is a good thing but just a tiny little pile( like a tablespoon) it tell you that you have the right amount of pellets in your cg. when I no longr see that tiny little pile after a cleaning I know it is about time to add a 1/16 cup of pellets

Maybe this will clarify what I mean by the 2 new holes... ;)

You can also clearly see that the access hole (not the sensor) is square vs the elliptical hole they had before. Is yer sensor access hole square or elliptical? ;)
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Return to CatGenie