CatGenie 120 Maintenance Cartridge

The CatGenie is the only self-cleaning box on the market. An evolution of the LitterFree design, it connects to your household plumbing.

Re: CatGenie 120 Maintenance Cartridge

Postby locomanjim » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

I love there "Alert" warning on the side of the cleaner. Is that not one of the main causes of there QUAT formula to begin with . Is this not the real reason they came out with this cleaning cartridge, CG's business model really needs to change!
locomanjim
Litterbox Guru

Postby BamZipPow » Mon May 10, 2010 9:48 pm

locomanjim wrote:I love there "Alert" warning on the side of the cleaner. Is that not one of the main causes of there QUAT formula to begin with . Is this not the real reason they came out with this cleaning cartridge, CG's business model really needs to change!

I don't believe that the Sanisolution actually causes the buildup on the sensor.

Their business model works fine. If you follow the "Alert" instructions...you'll end up using 2 counts on that cleaning cartridge...you need to check/clean the sensor BEFORE you start the cleaning cartridge. ;)
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby locomanjim » Mon May 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Their business model works fine.

Darn and I though all this time you had a clue! I guess you would buy a washing machine that used a count down timer on a box of tide laundry detergent!

I don't believe that the Sanisolution actually causes the buildup on the sensor.

let a few drop of that sanisloution dry on a plate and see how stick it is!

If you follow the "Alert" instructions...you'll end up using 2 counts on that cleaning cartridge...you need to check/clean the sensor BEFORE you start the cleaning cartridge.

So why is cleaning of the sensor not the first step before starting the new cleaning cycle on there instructions?
So what does cause the build up of poo on the sensor??? I have used Simple Green for 9 months, not cleaned in 4 months, no errors of any kind, no 3 beep errors, no washes without water with no error code. So what is the cause of the errors??? Why did CG come out with a cleaning cartridge? Why do they not make a cleaner for the 60 model. Why do you think went to a clone proof cartridge! Because people figured out how to bypass there overpriced supply's that are part of the business model! A POOR MODEL AT THAT! I did not start retirement at age 47 because I am stupid!!!! But I am Crazy!!!! I build my company when I was 24 and sold it just before the economy turned bad 2 years ago. Some people know business and some company's just don't cut it!
Again don't get me wrong I love my 60 but I will go back to cat litter before I buy a 120. I am sure glade I now have a back up 60 in perfect condition.
locomanjim
Litterbox Guru

Postby Setec Astronomy » Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 am

Did anybody use this thing yet? Why do the instructions on the side say you need to reprogram your settings after you use it?

I don't understand why this is so complicated. I had hoped that the 120 would go at least 2 months before having a water sensor error, and on a 2/day cycle, when the regular cartridge was empty after 2 months, you would plug the maint. cartridge in and leave it in for one scheduled cycle and then put a fresh Sanisolution in. Simple. This sounds like you have to be there, run a manual cycle, put the maint. cart in, watch it, then reprogram for some reason??
Setec Astronomy
Litterbox Guru

Postby 2cats2dogs » Mon May 17, 2010 12:33 pm

locomanjim wrote:

Darn and I though all this time you had a clue! I guess you would buy a washing machine that used a count down timer on a box of tide laundry detergent!

Seems that you need to buy another box of tide when it runs out"

let a few drop of that sanisloution dry on a plate and see how stick it is!

Did you dilute it as it is when in use. That dispenses with water. Now I am not saying the products are the best; I no longer use them, I use other things only because my current cats do not like the CG stuff.
2cats2dogs
Valued Contributor

Postby Setec Astronomy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:24 pm

So I guess I'm the first one to use this (if you can call it that). In accordance with my master plan of using this to keep from having to clean the water sensor (which I've been doing every 2 weeks), I told my friend to just put the cleaning cartridge in today for the regular cycle this afternoon (hey, it's not in my house!). I decided we'd better check and see if it was running ok (or even if it would run the scheduled cycle with the cleaning cartridge). My friend had wanted to run a regular cycle beforehand (like it says on the cleaning cartridge), but that was messing with my "plug and forget" system so I talked her out of it.

DON'T DO WHAT I DID. We came in towards the end of the cycle to the most overpowering baked brownie smell EVAR. Clearly there is no scooping with the maintenance cycle, because there were tons of baked brownies. I still think the smell was from dissolving 6 months of liquified poo out of the bowels of the Genie (how well I remember that when I decided to clean the 60 base after the trade-in). However, I am not the most popular person right now (even one of the cats wanted to leave).

So, lesson #1: run the regular cycle to scoop first. Lesson #2, run the maint. cartridge manually and WATCH what it does, because I have no clue. Warning: Even with the regular cycle first, the maint. cartridge may stink up your room/apartment/house/neighborhood/town/city/state.
Setec Astronomy
Litterbox Guru

Postby Pelvis Popcan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:04 pm

I ran one for the first time yesterday.

The CatGenie is definitely able to identify the maintenance cartridge as it DOES run a completely unique cycle just for this cartridge. It does NOT scoop, so as Setec Astronomy says above, the CatGenie MUST be CLEAN before running the cartridge.

It took about 55 minutes. The text on the cartridge says the cleaning time can vary. I am betting there are counters in the CatGenie's firmware that track how many cycles have run since the last maintenance cartridge cycle and runs a different program depending on the counter.
Pelvis Popcan
Litterbox Guru

Previous

Return to CatGenie