Substitute Sanisolution

The CatGenie is the only self-cleaning box on the market. An evolution of the LitterFree design, it connects to your household plumbing.

Re: Substitute Sanisolution

Postby Pele » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:53 pm

locomanjim wrote:Ok so I was wrong the solution is added in to the bowl. I was just looking at the manuals at cg, what a mistake by CG.

You would think with a warning in there manual like this it would dispense in the hopper no the bowl!
Glade I am still using Simple Green Non toxic and biodegradable ! I know it gets diluted but would not
want my cat licking it directly as well !

It's not put in the bowl. It is put behind the bowl, outside the hopper.

I still think at it's dilution rate in the unit, its too weak to be dangerous.
Pele
Valued Contributor

Postby BamZipPow » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Pele wrote:
locomanjim wrote:Ok so I was wrong the solution is added in to the bowl. I was just looking at the manuals at cg, what a mistake by CG.

You would think with a warning in there manual like this it would dispense in the hopper no the bowl!
Glade I am still using Simple Green Non toxic and biodegradable ! I know it gets diluted but would not
want my cat licking it directly as well !

It's not put in the bowl. It is put behind the bowl, outside the hopper.

I still think at it's dilution rate in the unit, its too weak to be dangerous.

If you like...I can shoot some video of the solution being dispensed in the bowl fer you. The solution is not diluted when it is squirted into the bowl. The solution will be diluted during the wash and rinse phase but the solution that's dispensed during the drying phase is full strength and is diluted just a little with the remaining moisture that's clinging on the granules half-way through the drying phase. If you have concerns about the strength of the solution that's on the granules, I would suggest you have the granules tested after the Cat Genie completes the drying phase. ;)
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby nokamoto » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:15 am

Just wanted to do a quick followup. I was the one using Benefect. In the meantime I also tried PureGreen24, Anti-Icky Poo, and PureAyre, all of which need some extra help to clean thoroughly -- I used a spritz of Simple Green during the wash cycle. So, I still like Benefect the best but it can be tough to find and expensive.
nokamoto
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby leogal » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

I bought a CatGenie 120 about 2 months ago...seems to work well, but the maintenance is an issue, (once a month total cleaning) as I have 3 cats and one of the males LOVES to spray. Is there a solution/cartridge I can use to replace what this company sells? The granules track all over the house, and the constant daily sweeping takes up the amount of time I am saving on scooping a conventional litter box. Sometimes I find myself sweeping the house several times. Any help will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I figured out a way to connect the discharge hose to my bathroom sink plumbing, as my only bathroom is very small and the laundry is in a detached garage. (my 3 cats are 100% indoor kitties). WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!
leogal
New User

Postby tanariel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:53 pm

CatMan wrote:
RobDiablo wrote:Ok, there are 13 pages in this topic. What's the overall consensus on the best solution to use?

I have to agree with psu1994ca.

The four things I see mentioned the most (everywhere I have looked and read) are:

1) PetZyme Stain and Odor Remover
2) Nature's Miracle Advanced dual action Orange-Oxy Just for Cats
3) Odoban
4) a variety of Quat based disinfectants (what's in the original solution)

George

Hi,

i'm jumping in from this post and would like to know how they are commonly used ? do you have to dilute them before to refill a cartridge, or can you use them directly "as it is" ?
tanariel
New User

Postby lolcatz » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 pm

so there's no top 5 substitutes for the sanisolution?

There's so many products and references... I'm confused. Which one should i use? :(
lolcatz
New User

Postby snowbirdy6 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:01 am

ok, so after going through all of these pages.. I am wondering..

with the catgenie 120.. I can not find anything with the cartridge that makes it look like I need to reset it..???? I am going to go and buy petzyme to replace it, but I need to know about the resetting stuff before I do it..

also, I saw mentioned that there are generic granules?? I cannot find them.. where are those at??? thanks!
snowbirdy6
New User

Postby glate » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:24 am

I recently bought the 'Nature's Miracle Advanced Formula' as per se7enty's recommendation (it's what my local pet store carries) and I'm very happy with it. I've tried a number of different solutions (primarily vinegar based) and everything smelled 1000x better after just one wash cycle with the new stuff.
glate
New User

Postby glate » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:36 am

snowbirdy6 wrote:ok, so after going through all of these pages.. I am wondering..

with the catgenie 120.. I can not find anything with the cartridge that makes it look like I need to reset it..???? I am going to go and buy petzyme to replace it, but I need to know about the resetting stuff before I do it..

also, I saw mentioned that there are generic granules?? I cannot find them.. where are those at??? thanks!

snowbirdy6 the Catgenie 120 uses RFID which means that the cartridges cannot be reset. One of the members of this form has developed a way to bypass the reader though. They went on sale this month:

catgenie/topic3601.html
glate
New User

Postby corywmon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:50 pm

So if I bought a Cat Genie, I don't have to use the Sani Solution.
corywmon
New User

Postby pao85pa » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:34 am

Hi,
Just wanted to know if anyone had empty sani-solution cartridges for the 60 model? Not going to mention any names but my wife has a habit of just throwing things away, so she threw away the few empty cartridges that I had. Since I'm the one who got stuck dealing with the litter box and she has no clue of the trouble I go through to keep her HER cats poopy palace running at minimal cost. So I'd be willing to pay for shipping and all. Just hit me with a private message if your willing to help me out.

Thanks for reads
pao85pa
New User

Postby The Doge » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 am

[quoteThe most advanced Natures Miracle formula][/quote]

Hi,
I am starting to refill my cartridges and in reading this thread I see where there are many post of the different products to use but nobody is posting if they are diluting the liquid or just putting it in straight. It would be very helpful if you were to tell how you are utilizing it. I was going to try the above solution. Does anyone know if it should be diluted?
Thanks
The Doge
New User

Postby another john » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 pm

Nature's Miracle just for cats 100%; straight from the jug.
No problems in 60 or 120.

aj
another john
New User

Postby capric0rn » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 am

Just sharing my experience. I've started using Simple Solution Extreme Stain & Odor Remover for cats (SSE), about $20 a gallon (on sale) from Petsmart based on reviews and the forums I've read on substitute solutions. I don't dilute it. My honest opinion? I'll take the Sani Solution (scented) over this if it weren't so expensive. I don't know what other people were complaining about but I like the scent, it freshens up my bathroom. The SSE gives out the most horrible stink during the first wash cycle, when the CG bowl is filled with water, and the drain cycle, even with the toilet lid down! And my cats only use the CG for peeing. I had to set up a regular litterbox since one cat did not like pooping in it. So now when the CG runs, I have to close the bathroom door. Once this SSE runs out, which will take a long time since I'm on my first refilled cartridge, I'll try something else. The only plus side is that there is noticeably less tracking. The pellets are now mostly confined to the bathmat that I put in front of the CG.
capric0rn
New User

Postby oonooMoonoo » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Any updates on this recently? I'd like to know what people have been using long term as a replacement solution?
oonooMoonoo
New User

PreviousNext

Return to CatGenie