Substitute Sanisolution

The CatGenie is the only self-cleaning box on the market. An evolution of the LitterFree design, it connects to your household plumbing.

Re: Substitute Sanisolution

Postby locomanjim » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 am

Here is the link and if you notice they use 2 base formulas. Read carefully any cleaner that has to have a EPA registration is not good!

http://www.naturemakesitwork.com/nmstor ... .php?id=te

How it Works:

* Uses the newest technology in the formulation of combination cleaning agents, such as detergents and solvents , along with hospital-level antimicrobial ingredients that effectively and quickly kills infectious microorganisms.

* Effectively kills bacteria, fungi and viruses.

* This product kills the following and more:

o Canine parvovirus
o Avian Influenza Virus
o Feline leukemia virus
o Canine Distemper virus
o Bordetella Bronchiseptica (Kennel Cough)
o Trichophyton Mentagrophytes (Ringworm)
o And More

* Non-corrosive and safe for the environment (when used as directed) that it is being applied to.
Ex: Clorox bleach is corrosive and dangerous for pets.

* No shelf life or expiration date.

* EPA-registered and professional grade.

* Ready-to-Use formula eliminates the need for mixing... Always the right formula strength.

* Leaves a fresh clean scent.
locomanjim
Litterbox Guru

Postby se7enty » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 am

even if you think it's hilarious that i goofed the product description up, the fact that it dries faster to reduce tracking can work the way i initially thought. if the solution is sticky on the granules b/c it's not totally drying during the process, they end up everywhere. if the solution dries faster and therefore is less sticky, then there's less tracking. what a novel idea! *rolls eyes*

and in response to the bleach comment, you're full of sh*t and just trying to troll. take that crap elsewhere.

ingredients: Water, bio-enzymatic odor-lock, oxygen boosters, surfactant, isopropyl alcohol, fragrance.
http://www.petco.com/product/109771/Nat ... mover.aspx
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=20860
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=3506556

WHERE in that list does it say it contains bleach?! you need to work on your reading comprehension.
se7enty
Valued Contributor

Postby abbeytoo » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 pm

se7enty wrote:even if you think it's hilarious that i goofed the product description up, the fact that it dries faster to reduce tracking can work the way i initially thought. if the solution is sticky on the granules b/c it's not totally drying during the process, they end up everywhere. if the solution dries faster and therefore is less sticky, then there's less tracking. what a novel idea! *rolls eyes*

and in response to the bleach comment, you're full of sh*t and just trying to troll. take that crap elsewhere.

ingredients: Water, bio-enzymatic odor-lock, oxygen boosters, surfactant, isopropyl alcohol, fragrance.
http://www.petco.com/product/109771/Nat ... mover.aspx
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... atid=20860
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=3506556

WHERE in that list does it say it contains bleach?! you need to work on your reading comprehension.

No need to 'roll your eyes'. I thought it funny because I would have probably come to the same conclusion. chill. No offense meant.
Sisters Lucy & Ruby who has Hyperthyroidism, Brothers Static & Sassy, Stormy - found in a storm drain, Speed Racer a CH Kitty, RIP my Little Lily Bug
abbeytoo
Litterbox Angel
Litterbox Angel

Postby BamZipPow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:43 am

Bleach comes in different chemical compositions. The bleach you want to keep out of the Cat Genie/contact with urine is the chlorine based stuff. ;)

You can use a oxygen based bleach like hydrogen peroxide with no ill effects. :D
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby mamalang » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:12 pm

I haven't read ALL 17 pages, but has anyone used a vinegar/hydrogen peroxide mix? This mix is a very effective disinfectant, and very safe (hydrogen peroxide degrades to H2O and oxygen). It's not concentrated, but if it is released after draining, it should be effective, no? Maybe I'll add something for scent (essential oil?).
mamalang
New User

Postby BamZipPow » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:18 am

mamalang wrote:I haven't read ALL 17 pages, but has anyone used a vinegar/hydrogen peroxide mix? This mix is a very effective disinfectant, and very safe (hydrogen peroxide degrades to H2O and oxygen). It's not concentrated, but if it is released after draining, it should be effective, no? Maybe I'll add something for scent (essential oil?).

You don't want to mix the two in the bottle because it will create a mild form of peracetic acid which is highly corrosive. That's why you see the applications with separate bottles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peracetic_acid
http://www.practicallyedible.com/edible ... rilization

You also have to remember that SaniSolution is applied at various stages with most of it being applied in the drying stage so you would be leaving something that wouldn't be very good fer yer cats to walk in. :(
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby piet » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:08 pm

One of the strongest disinfectants is a salt NaCLO2 .It is used for over 100 years in hospitals to clean and disinfect , water purification ,swimming pools ,washing down carcasses in the slaughterhouses , as anti malaria and drug and so on . The extra oxygen molecule is what makes is corrosive
Mix it with water and it is ready . The pH value is very high (1 on 2.5 gives a pH of 12 ) so you do not need much but what it does with ammoniac (urine) I do not know yet .
piet
New User

Postby jbrod4 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Okay, since I don't really feel like reading all 17 pages of this topic, would anyone be so kind as to tell me what the overall best substitute for the Sanisolution is? Best substitute meaning: not sticky, not harmful to me or my cats, great anti-bacterial, great anti-odor, great cleaner, good or no smell, biodegradable, etc. Thanks to anyone who helps me with this.
jbrod4
New User

Postby BamZipPow » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Don't use anything with chlorine in it...it will react to the ammonia in the cat urine. ;)
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby Pele » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:59 am

I think that because the cleaner is applied during drying, that the quat type cleaners are going to be the most effective and least dangerous.

Also, since only a quarter ounce is dispensed, concentrates are the way to go.

How many gallons of water are needed to fill up the Cat Genie? One or two? More?
A gallon is 128 ounces, so already the ratio will be 1:512 if it's one gallon.
Pele
Valued Contributor

Postby locomanjim » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:05 am

Pele wrote:I think that because the cleaner is applied during drying, that the quat type cleaners are going to be the most effective and least dangerous. Also, since only a quarter ounce is dispensed, concentrates are the way to go.

How many gallons of water are needed to fill up the Cat Genie? One or two? More?
A gallon is 128 ounces, so already the ratio will be 1:512 if it's one gallon.
I think that because the cleaner is applied during drying, that the quat type cleaners are going to be the most effective and least dangerous.

Also, since only a quarter ounce is dispensed, concentrates are the way to go.

It takes 4.5 gallons per fill to wash and rinse so that is 13.5 gallons per cleaning cycle.
The QUAT that CG uses is a 1:756 if not stronger and it makes no difference what cleaner is used.
All solutions are added to the hopper water not the pellets.
locomanjim
Litterbox Guru

Postby Pele » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:38 pm

^

Coulda sworn that the orange nipple aims at the bowl. I'll look under my processing unit again when I get home.

But Wow!
At such a low concentration and not being directly put on the pellets, I wonder why my pellets are so sticky after washing?
Pele
Valued Contributor

Postby BamZipPow » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:47 am

The solution is dispensed in the bowl and not the hopper. It is dispensed at varying times but the majority of the solution is dispensed during the drying process. ;)
BamZipPow
Litterbox Guru

Postby locomanjim » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Ok so I was wrong the solution is added in to the bowl. I was just looking at the manuals at cg, what a mistake by CG.

CAUTION: This is a concentrated Solution that may be irritating to skin and
eyes, so avoid contact. Do not ingest. Keep out of reach of children. In case of
skin or eye contact, wash with copious amounts of water. If swallowed get medical
advice or call this emergency number:

You would think with a warning in there manual like this it would dispense in the hopper no the bowl!
Glade I am still using Simple Green Non toxic and biodegradable ! I know it gets diluted but would not
want my cat licking it directly as well !
locomanjim
Litterbox Guru

Postby Rocky the Cat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Would someone kindly post the correct mixture using Extreme solution for cartridge refill? I dont believe I've seen that mixture ration for Extreme.

thank you
Rocky the Cat
New User

PreviousNext

Return to CatGenie