geniedome and walls are here

The CatGenie is the only self-cleaning box on the market. An evolution of the LitterFree design, it connects to your household plumbing.

geniedome and walls are here

Postby bbobbo » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:16 pm

got this email today:

Dear Cat Lovers,

The GenieDome and Genie SideWalls have landed. Place your order
online now. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery. If this is
your first time buying from us, register as a new customer. If you
have ordered before, login as a returning customer with your username
and password. If you have any questions or wish to order from our
Customer Service team, simply call 1-888-735-3927.

The GenieDome is made of 4 removable sections. This provides you with
more options to satisfy your cats' needs.

PS: Where are the GeniePaws? The wondrous mats that catch the scatter
at the entrance to the CatGenie are not up to our standards. The
design is great; the execution is not. We will continue to labor on
this problem and will have the GeniePaws ready by Labor Day.

TIP: save time, get better service, register NOW.
If you have ever called Customer Service, you know they always ask
for your Serial Number because that number tells us a lot about your
unit. If you're calling from your car or office, chances are you
won't have it.

So for faster, better, and more accurate service, get your unique
serial number. Find it on the back of your processing unit. Then
Register Your Warranty Online. Complete the quick form and we won't
have to bother you with the question: What's your serial number?

Rick Mellinger
President, PetNovations, Inc.
Makers of the CatGenie Self-Washing Cat Box

geniepaws aren't up to scratch (pardon the pun).
bbobbo
Valued Contributor

Re: geniedome and walls are here

Postby mark n » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:40 pm

I've been checking the website all week to order one. I bought one and hopefully it will be on it's way soon.

mark n
mark n
Valued Contributor

Postby mark n » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:09 pm

I got the geniedome yesterday and it is working great. Took a minute to assemble and the cat wasn't scared at all. Now I won't have to clean up so much cat litter.

mark n
mark n
Valued Contributor

Postby bbobbo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:15 pm

i also received my geniedome yesterday. it looks sharp! you can tell that petnovations was planning for the dome all along because it fits very well onto the existing catgenie.

no sample geniepaws for me, though, like barnaby got. :(

here are some pictures:

geniewalls installed.

the full geniedome installed.

a peek inside the domed catgenie.

here is one week's worth of pellet scatter.

i put a pet gold litter catcher mat in front of the entrance.

cleaned carpet and ready for testing!

i plan to take another picture next monday and compare it with the 4th picture from the top to see how well it prevented the pellet scatter. as of today, there is some scatter which the litter catcher didn't catch, and there don't seem to be many pellets in the catcher at all (they must be stepping over it somehow when they enter the catgenie). but it does seem like the pellet scatter is confined somewhat. we'll see after a week.

i'm guessing the geniepaws will be a better solution since i think they're supposed to be molded to conform to the shape of the base of the catgenie. hopefully they'll be available fairly soon.
bbobbo
Valued Contributor

Postby CatGenie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:55 am

Hi bobbo,

I am not so sure the Pet Gold mat will help very well. We tested that type of mat and granules seemed to bounce off. We will have mats soon and I use the hood and a mat and it handles about 85% of the granules. When I added another mat it was closer to 95% and I was very happy. Now the granules are reduced to almost nothing and once a week they get swept up/vacuumed.
CatGenie
CatGenie Vendor Representative

Postby bbobbo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:49 pm

CatGenie wrote:I am not so sure the Pet Gold mat will help very well. We tested that type of mat and granules seemed to bounce off. We will have mats soon and I use the hood and a mat and it handles about 85% of the granules. When I added another mat it was closer to 95% and I was very happy. Now the granules are reduced to almost nothing and once a week they get swept up/vacuumed.

i can confirm that the pet gold mat doesn't seem to be helping much, just from looking at it the past few days. i figured i might as well try it since i already had it on hand.

there is still "scatter" away from the opening, which suggests to me that it's the result of granules sticking to our cats' paws rather than from excessive digging. either they're avoiding the pet gold mat, or the granules don't get dislodged when they step on it.

i'm guessing the ridged carpeting we have right now underneath the catgenie performs a similar function to the new geniepaws mats, in that it dislodges and traps the granules when our cats walk on it. the only problem with the carpeting is that there is no easy way to get the granules off the carpet back into the catgenie--it's too big and cumbersome to roll up and shake, and the ridges in the carpet make it hard to use a dustpan and hand sweeper (although that's the solution right now).

i'm looking forward to the geniepaws mat.
bbobbo
Valued Contributor

Postby jmckay00 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:17 pm

I am new here. What website do I go to so that I can see/order the geniedome. Thanks!
Jennifer
jmckay00
New User

Postby bbobbo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:44 pm

go to the catgenie site (http://www.catgenie.com). i think you need to register on the site to see an example of or to order the dome (click on "order now", fill out the registration).
bbobbo
Valued Contributor

Postby lowenbotten » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:00 pm

bbobbo wrote:
CatGenie wrote:I am not so sure the Pet Gold mat will help very well. We tested that type of mat and granules seemed to bounce off. We will have mats soon and I use the hood and a mat and it handles about 85% of the granules. When I added another mat it was closer to 95% and I was very happy. Now the granules are reduced to almost nothing and once a week they get swept up/vacuumed.

i can confirm that the pet gold mat doesn't seem to be helping much, just from looking at it the past few days. i figured i might as well try it since i already had it on hand.

there is still "scatter" away from the opening, which suggests to me that it's the result of granules sticking to our cats' paws rather than from excessive digging. either they're avoiding the pet gold mat, or the granules don't get dislodged when they step on it.

i'm guessing the ridged carpeting we have right now underneath the catgenie performs a similar function to the new geniepaws mats, in that it dislodges and traps the granules when our cats walk on it. the only problem with the carpeting is that there is no easy way to get the granules off the carpet back into the catgenie--it's too big and cumbersome to roll up and shake, and the ridges in the carpet make it hard to use a dustpan and hand sweeper (although that's the solution right now).

i'm looking forward to the geniepaws mat.

I have the same carpet as you along with a sample met from CatGenie. I use one of those Black & Decker hand vacuums to clean up all the granules on the floor then I just dump them back in the CatGenie. Works very well. Quick and easy.
lowenbotten
Valued Contributor

Postby Dana » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:20 pm

Love, Love, Love the walls & dome. This was money well spent for our home. The scattering of pellets has been greatly reduced! Also, our female cat (i.e. who shares her home w/5 boys) has decided that the CatGenie is now an acceptable place for her use....YES! So, now for our 6 cat household w/2 CatGenies both w/hoods...we are down to 1 male cat who is still using a very small litter pan... I am hoping he will decide to transition to a larger, more private CatGenie when he is ready... Although the last 2 months have been stressful for the entire house during this transition...imagine having someone changing your daily routine after 10 years, I can honestly say that I would highly recommend CatGenie w/the walls & dome. Hope this encourages some of you out there who are currently struggling with your transitions....
Dana
New User

Postby LSCC » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:13 pm

I bought two cat genies have not got the domes yet but this will be great when they come

to bbobbo pick up your litter buy a small handheld shopvac http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/ ... 7_55702179
thats what i do for the ones that get out of my System /(Barely any do )

I have my genies on a tiny raised platform with a metal grid for the cat to walk on and ramps below to move all granules in to one small dish easy to deposit back in the unit

kinda like a ball return on a pool table .

After I get the legal PATENTS PENDING on the creation Approved I will post links if interested.
LSCC
New User

Postby HokieGirl » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:04 pm

I'm really happy with the Genie Dome. It works perfectly with the unit, and you would never know they were an "afterthought". The granule scatter has been greatly reduced. As my cats were used to a Litter Robot, they seem very happy to have a covered box again. I also use a PetGold mat, and I find a lot of granules it in.... but there are probably an equal amount on the floor. Hopefully the mats offered by CG will fix the problem even further. I just keep reminding myself that litter probably scatters worse, it is just harder to see.

Kelly
Cats are like potato chips- you can't have just one.

We are the Hokies. We will prevail. We are Virginia Tech.
HokieGirl
Valued Contributor

Postby bbobbo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:24 pm

just a quick follow up. i said i would post a picture to show how much the genie dome helps in preventing granule scatter.

here is a week's worth of scatter before genie dome (picture from my post above):

and here is a week and a half worth of scatter after genie dome:

as you can see, there are still quite a few granules near the opening of the genie dome, but on the rest of the carpet, there is noticeably less. i've also noticed fewer granules in general around the rest of the house. hopefully the genie paws will reduce that amount even further!
bbobbo
Valued Contributor

Postby Victoria » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:54 pm

I bought a Bissell 3-way (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5734321 )vacuum at Walmart for less than 20 bucks that I keep in the bathroom for dealing with the granules. It does a really good job.

That picture of the week's worth of accumulated granules? Yeah, my bathroom looks like that EVERY DAY. It's crazy.

-Victoria, patiently awaiting GeniePaws :D
Victoria
Valued Contributor

Return to CatGenie